|Desfado is the fifth studio album by Portuguese singer Ana Moura, and was released in November 2012.
The album contained Dream Of Fire, a track for which Ana Moura wrote the melody while Prince provided the lyrics. The album version song has no musical input from Prince, as Ana Moura recorded it with her own musicians, including legendary American pianist, keyboardist, band-leader and composer Herbie Hancock on Fender Rhodes. Desfado also contains a cover of Joni Mitchell's A Case Of You also covered by Prince on One Nite Alone....
While specific recording dates for Dream Of Fire are not known, the album was mostly recorded in May 2012.
The album produced three singles: Até Ao Verão, Desfado and A Case Of You. The album was certified 6x platinum in Portugal (where it became the best-selling Portuguese album in that country in 2010) and reached number 7 in the US Billboard Top World Albums chart.
| Track listing
Details given for Prince-related tracks only
- Amor Afoito
- Até Ao Verão
- Despiu a Saudade
- A Case of You
- E Tu Gostavas De Mim
- Havemos de Acordar (featuring Tim Ries)
- A Fadista
- Se Acaso Um Anjo Viesse
- Fado Alado
- A Minha Estrela
- Thank You
- Como Nunca Mais
- Com A Cabeça Nas Nuvens
- O Espelho de Alice
- Dream Of Fire (featuring Herbie Hancock) 4:23 1
- Quando o Sol Espreitar de Novo
1 Co-written by Prince.
- Ana Moura – vocals
- Ângelo Freire - portuguese guitar
- David Piltch - bass
- Dean Parks - guitar
- Jay Bellerose - drums and percussion
- Patrick Warren - keyboards
- Pedro Soares - nylon-string guitar
- Freddy Koella - violin and string arrangement in 'Thank You'
- Herbie Hancock - Fender Rhodes electric piano in 'Dream Of Fire'
- Tim Ries - soprano saxophone in 'Havemos de Acordar'
- Larry Klein - producer
- Helik Hadar - recording and mixing
- Miguel Lara - assistant sound engineer (Henson Recording Studios)
- Sérgio Milhano - additional sound engineer (Estudio Pontozurca)
- Bernie Grundman - mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CS, USA (October, 2012)
- Tiago Palma - A&R (Universal Music Portugal)
- Ricardo Cruz - pre-production (Lisbon)
- Isabel Pinto - photography
- Sonia Pessoa - make-up
- Ana Sousa - hair styling
- Joyce Portela - styling
- Duarte Sousa Tavares - lyric translation
- Francesca Cortesão - lyric editing
- Ricardo Mealha Design - artwork
- Special thanks to: Herbie Hancock; Melinda Murphy; Sandy Robertson @ World's End Management
- Larry Klein for the inspiration, for his respect for our music, for the infinite talent and wisdom he put at my service; my family for their unconditional dedication, for having built me wings and allowing me to fly; my friends for their understanding; Vasco Sacramento for achieving the great feat of making me win my big battles: those I fight against my fears; Paulo Marques, a faithful friend and my companion in my greatest adventures; all the authors who trusted me with their art, their friendship, their bigheartedness and their genius; Aldina Duarte, António Zambujo, David Poe, Jorge Benvinda, Luísa Sobral, Manel Cruz, Manuela de Freitas, Márcia Santos, Mário Rainho, Miguel Araújo Jorge, Nuno Figueiredo, Nuno Miguel Guedes, Paulo Abreu de Lima, Pedro Abrunhosa, Pedro da Silva Martins, Tozé Brito; the musicians who lived this adventure with me: Ângelo Freire, for his enormous talent and commitment, Pedro Soares for his intense musicality and dedication, David Piltch, Dean Parks, Freddy Koella, Jay Bellerose and Patrick Warren for making me feel that this record is special.