- This show, the first of two on the same night billed as Piano And A Microphone Gala Event, was first announced on 5 January 2016 via Prince’s twitter account after being hinted on on January 1st via the same channel.
- On Friday 15 January, again via twitter. It was announced that tickets from the event would go on sale the next day, 16 January 2016 at noon PST (2p.m. in Minneapolis) and that it would be announced where to buy tickets also via twitter.
- At noon(PST) VIP tickets went on sale via the website paisleyparkafterdark.com. They were sold out within minutes. General admission tickets went on sale two hours later and also sold out quickly.
- 100 General admission tickets (including a Hitnrun Phase Two cd) were made available at $150 cash via the Paisley Park will call set up at: 650 SW Village Transit Station, Chanhassen, MN at 3 p.m. sharp on the day of the show.
- Prince opened the first show by playing live for the first time the Batman Theme, which was the first piece of music he'd learned to play on piano over 50 years earlier. Theme From “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”, I Second That Emotion, Who’s Loving You, and Prince’s own track Baby (from his debut album For You) were played live for the first and only time, while (Sometimes I Feel Like A) Motherless Child was played live for the final time. Most of the rest of the setlist was played on solo piano for the first time.