- This show was only planned after a phone call to First Avenue in the morning of the 14th, and only advertised through word of mouth. The police showed up at night to manage the crowd as many people lingered outside the club.
- As it was a Tuesday night, club members and three guest could enter for free. Prince also played for free and made no money.
- It was the venues initiative to ask local singer Curtiss A as a support act. He had also played the support slot for Prince on 9 March 1981 when First Avenue was still called Sam’s.
- Before the set the video for Let’s Go Crazy was played on a video screen on stage.
- During the opening song Prince recited the 'Gravy, Mashed potatoes, Cabbage "menu"' lyrics later used in Chocolate a few times.
- During Baby I’m A Star, Prince added some lyrics of The Dance Electric (at the point where in the album version the backwards lyrics are heard). Towards the end of the long Baby I’m A Star jam, Prince added a guitar solo reminiscent of the solo in the extended version of America.