Welcome 2 Australia Tour
From Prince Vault
|11 May 2012 - 30 May 2012|
|(click to enlarge)|
|11 May 2012||Sydney||Australia||Allphones Arena|
|12 May 2012||Sydney||Australia||Allphones Arena|
|14 May 2012||Melbourne||Australia||Rod Laver Arena|
|15 May 2012||Melbourne||Australia||Rod Laver Arena|
|18 May 2012||Boondall||Australia||Brisbane Entertainment Centre|
|22 May 2012||Sydney||Australia||Allphones Arena|
|26 May 2012||Boondall||Australia||Brisbane Entertainment Centre|
|30 May 2012||Melbourne||Australia||Rod Laver Arena|
|Prince||Vox, Guitar, Bass, (Sampler) Keyboard/Piano|
|Ida Nielsen||Bass (& Guitar), Vox|
|Shelby J.||Backing vox, Drum pad|
|Elisa Dease||Backing vox, Shaker|
|Liv Warfield||Backing vox, Cowbell|
|Maya McClean||Dance||The McClean sisters are collectively known as "The Twinz"|
|Andy McKee||Acoustic guitar|
Other Tour Personnel
|Demfis Fyssicopulos||Tour Director, Lights, Production|
|Crystal Zehetner||Manager (Chef)|
|vanegmond.com.au||Van Egmond Group|
- A dedicated website, www.princetour.com.au was set up to promote the event, with social media "like" links, promotional video footage, and links to Ticketek, the company in charge of the tickets sales.
- Social media(s):
- To comply with social media trends, a Twitter account (@PrinceW2Aus) was created and animated by the promoter, using the hashtags #prince #princew2 #princew2aus & #purplerain. A Facebook account, www.facebook.com/princew2aus was also created.
- To further promote the tour, a commercial banner was published via Facebook Ads on April 24th 2012 (start date needs confirmation) with the following text: "Prince W2 Australia Tour. Do You Love Prince? Purple Rain? Cream? Little Red Corvette?", with a thumb poster saying: "Prince Welcome 2 Australia Now On Sale". Another sponsored link was set to appear on Facebook timeline(s), saying: "Prince W2 Australia Tour. Prince Is Touring Australia In May 2012. Tickets On Sale Through Ticketek. Don't Miss It!", with the same 'thumb' poster as described above. Both ads linked to the Facebook account. On May 2nd 2012, similar banner ads were published in the sponsored links section in order to promote the Sydney shows, this time linking to Ticketek. The next day the newsfeed and timeline banners were rephrased to promote the additional Sydney show of 22 May 2012.
- On 16 April 2012, a 8:37 rehearsal version of The Dance Electric by Prince and the New Power Generation was streamed on drfunkenberry.com to promote the forthcoming tour.
- On 23 April 2012, a 9:54 rehearsal version of Mutiny containing an interpolation of Ice Cream Castles by Prince and the New Power Generation was streamed on drfunkenberry.com to promote the forthcoming tour. The song was reportedly sent to The O7ven (read "The Original Seven", a.k.a. The Time) member Terry Lewis and fDeluxe (a.k.a. The Family) member Paul Peterson as an answer to their respective offer to support Prince for the tour. Later on the same day Paul Peterson also streamed the file via Soundcloud, on behalf of fDeLuxe.
- The tour won "Best International Contemporary Concert" at Helpmann Awards, on 24 September 2012.